Who doesn’t like a clean carpet? Especially if your carpet is lighter in color. If you are using it in your home, there is a high chance that you will stain it. Therefore, manufacturers have created something stain-resistant. So even if you accidentally spill your drink or meal, you can get it cleaned. The stain guard will protect the threads from discoloration.
Despite that, how often should one clean his carpet? This is a question that a lot of people ask. When we start using carpets, we expose them to various factors. These also include bacterial components and food particles. Is vacuuming only enough for it and how often you should consider hiring a professional to do the job?
If you find it troublesome to go through all the efforts for carpet cleaning click here for the solution. You can find some reliable carpet cleaners and not just that. They can also do cleaning and disinfection of your curtains, mattresses, sofas and rugs. So hire them once or twice a year and get a proper and deep cleansing. You can also find the price list of different cleaning services on their website.
We leave a lot of our dead skin wherever we sit or lay down. Therefore, our sofas and mattresses are not as clean as it seems. That is why cleaning them and vacuuming them is necessary. Hygiene is necessary for making your home a safe and healthy living place.
How often you should do the cleaning?
The timetable is different depending upon various factors. For example, if you are living alone or are two people living together, vacuuming the carpet once a week is enough. However, if you are living with your family and kids at your home, twice a thrice cleaning is necessary.
Likewise, if your use is more. Like, you have one or two rooms and they are always in use. This excessive use will demand a daily cleanup. A daily cleaning routine will get rid of allergens and bacteria.
You can follow this routine, which is more suitable.
- If you have light traffic, once a week or once every two weeks vacuuming is enough.
- In case of high traffic, you will need to use a vacuum twice every week.
- In case you have pets, daily vacuuming is recommended. If not, then you should do so at least twice every week.
- Similarly, if you have children, you should do daily clean-up or at least twice a week.
Vacuuming is all good. However, despite doing it regularly, you will still need to shampoo your carpets. The least shampooing time is 12 months. This clearly means that you should wash your carpets with some detergent once a year. In the case of pets and children, this time will shorten to 6 or 3 months. So you should take into account the condition of your carpets before you decide your cleaning time.
Here is a schedule that you can follow.
- In case of light traffic, you should shampoo once every 12 months.
- For high traffic places, twice a year or at the very least once a year is necessary.
- If you have pets, you should shampoo the carpets once every 3 or 6 months.
- The same goes for children. If kids are toddlers, they will need proper hygiene. Therefore, once every 3 or 6 months is recommended.
- If your carpets have a lighter color and shade, wash them every 6 months. Otherwise, it will appear dirty.
- In case someone in your family has some sort of allergy, you should do shampooing every 2 to 3 months.
- If you or someone in your home smokes regularly, you should do shampooing every 3 to 6 months.
The age of your children
As we have mentioned above, a home with kids will require frequent cleaning. However, this thing is not something simple because kids have different age groups. Therefore, there is no available formula to group them as one.
So if you have toddlers, they make a mess of everything. They will touch everything and will try to eat everything. Therefore, not only you will need to clean all their mess but will also ensure their safety. As they try to lick and eat everything, you need to make sure that everything is clean. You have to ensure hygiene in your home. Therefore, you will need to vacuum your carpet every day and wash it once every 3 months.
As kids grow up, they will go outside to play. However, their sense of cleaning is not clear much. That is why they will come inside with their dirty shoes. This will bring dirt and will also stain your carpets. Therefore, you should also need to vacuum it every time there is dirt on it.
Likewise, kids also play with toys. Thus, they will mess around with everything. And when you clean up the toys, you might also need to vacuum.
Tips for cleaning
Here are some tips that you can use;
- While you use the carpet and it gets wet, make sure to dry it properly. Over-wetting will keep the pad wet and will increase the chance of bacterial growth.
- When you are washing and shampooing your carpets, make sure you dry them properly. Do not use it before drying it completely.
- Before shampooing your carpets and rugs, make sure to vacuum them properly. This will improve cleanup.
- If your carpets and rugs have dirt or food particles, slow down your vacuuming. You should move the head slowly over the rug so that it can suck up every small particle.
It is better to hire a professional cleaner, especially if you are a busy person. You can do vacuuming yourself. However, for shampooing the carpets and rugs, there are proper guidelines. You need to follow them or hire a professional.