Are you considering installing a new sink in your home but unsure which material to choose?
Sinks made out of copper or brass are both beautiful and durable options. But how do you know the right choice for your home and needs?
Read on to learn more about the differences between copper and brass sinks and get tips on choosing the best CopperSmith Sinks for your needs.
What Are Copper And Brass Sinks, And What Are Their Differences?
Copper and brass sinks are two popular materials used for kitchen and bathroom. Copper is a naturally occurring metal used in construction for centuries, while brass is an alloy composed of copper and zinc. Both materials are known for their durability but have different properties that make them unique.
Copper has a high resistance to corrosion and bacteria, making it an ideal material for use in food preparation areas like kitchens. It’s also known for its warm color that can range from shades of red to green over time as it oxidizes, giving it an attractive patina. Meanwhile, brass is known for its bright golden luster that won’t tarnish over time. It’s often preferred over copper in areas where hygiene is essential, such as bathrooms or other wet environments where mold or mildew can form quickly.
How Do You Decide Which One Is Right For Your Home And Needs?
Choosing between copper and brass depends on what kind of look you want to achieve and your budget. Copper tends to be more expensive than brass but will last longer if properly cared for, making it a good investment if you keep your sink around long-term.
Meanwhile, brass may be cheaper upfront but will require more maintenance over time due to its susceptibility to corrosion from water exposure. If you want something low-maintenance with a bit more shine, brass may be your better choice.
What Are The Benefits Of Each Material, And Which One Might Be Better For You Specifically?
Both copper and brass offer many benefits in terms of their aesthetic appeal, durability, and easy maintenance. Both materials come in various styles, so there’s sure to be one that suits your tastes. Let’s discuss these benefits in more detail.
Benefits Of Brass Sinks
There are various reasons people may choose to invest in brass. Here are some of the most common:
- Durability – One of the primary benefits of brass is that they are incredibly durable. Brass is a tough metal resistant to scratches, dents, and other forms of wear and tear. This makes brass sinks ideal for busy kitchens or bathrooms with a lot of foot traffic. Also, brass sinks are easy to clean and maintain, as they do not show water spots or fingerprints as easily as other materials.
- Brass sinks are timeless – Another benefit of brass sinks is that they have a timeless appeal. Brass has been used in plumbing fixtures for centuries and has always been a popular material due to its classic good looks. Brass sinks will never go out of style, which means you can enjoy their beauty for many years.
Benefits Of Copper Sinks
Copper sinks have been around for centuries and are still as popular today as they ever were. This is because copper sinks offer many benefits that other materials don’t. From their durability and longevity to their antibacterial properties, here are some reasons to consider installing a copper sink in your home.
- Easy to care for – One of the best things about copper sinks is that they are extremely easy to care for. All you need to do is wipe them down with a soft cloth or sponge and mild soap once in a while, then rinse with water. You don’t need to use any particular products or harsh chemicals, so it’s easy to keep your sink looking good.
- Longevity – Copper sinks can last generations if taken care of properly. They are made from durable material that won’t crack or rust as other metals can. Their unique patina will only become more beautiful over time, so you won’t have to worry about replacing it anytime soon.
- Antibacterial properties – Another great benefit of copper sinks is that they help keep bacteria away from your kitchen or bathroom surfaces. Studies have found that copper has antibacterial properties, which means it can kill off harmful germs and bacteria on contact, keeping your sink area clean and safe.
Both brass and copper offer many benefits that other materials cannot match. From their longevity and beauty to their antibacterial properties, they’re a great addition to any home. They also add character and charm to any kitchen or bathroom and provide you with years upon years of reliable service without requiring much maintenance. Both are a great choice if you want an upgrade in your bathroom or kitchen space.
How Do You Care For A Copper Or Brass Sink, So It Lasts Long & Looks Great?
Caring for a copper or brass sink is relatively simple; all you need to do is regularly wipe down the surface with warm water and soap to keep it clean and free from dirt buildup or hard water stains. Many homeowners apply a wax sealant once every few months (or after cleaning) to maintain the luster of the material over time. Also, avoid using abrasive cleaners on either material since these can cause scratches that permanently damage the surface.
Invest In Copper and Brass To Beautify Your Home
Choosing between copper and brass CopperSmith sinks can seem daunting at first, but with this guide, you now have all the information you need to make an informed decision. Consider your specific needs, such as budget constraints or desired look, before deciding which material will work best in your home; then follow our tips above on how best to maintain each option, so it looks great year after year. Luckily, this guide has helped narrow your selection to find what you need when shopping around. Thank you for reading.