All mothers of babies are faced with one of the most important questions: what type of food is best to choose for the child. The importance of this choice should not be underestimated, as the fact that the child’s diet is healthy and nutritious directly affects his or her well-being and vital functions. There are various situations in life that may prevent a mother from breastfeeding.
Such cases occur frequently, and it is certainly not dangerous, because the variety of high-quality baby formulas will surprise you. The baby can consume the formula from birth and it will be a great alternative to breast milk, as current formulas are endowed with a huge amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that your baby needs. Let’s discuss what parents need to know when choosing a baby formula as the main ingredient in a child’s diet.
Is formula feeding safe?
Many people argue about the safety and nutritional value of baby formulas, as there are many myths and misinformation on the Internet. Every highly qualified doctor can confirm that in fact baby formula is a good product that will ensure your child’s well-being and development. Parents face one of the most important challenge while choosing the formula. It definitely should be high-quality organic formula with a good composition of ingredients.
It is important to pay attention to certification and, of course, take into account the advice of doctors. Many parents are skeptical about using the formula because of rumors that it is not as useful as breast milk. In fact, their manufacturers are doing everything possible to make the formula as close as possible to breast milk, so do not worry. The child remains full, healthy and endowed with useful ingredients eating it. The only difference that distinguishes breast milk from a good infant formula is the presence of antibodies that are passed from mother to child and improve immunity and give strength to fight infections.
Also, the safety of baby formula depends on how it is prepared. It should be remembered that skipping the disinfection of the bottles or nipples, or not following the rules of preparation of the formula, you can ruin it, and moreover, harm the child. All instructions must be followed. Otherwise, you will not remain satisfied with the use of baby formula. Remember to wash all bottles and nipples, mix the formula correctly, maintain the proper temperature of the mixture and container and monitor storage conditions. In this case, you will enjoy using baby formula, because it will be a convenient routine for you.
Is formula feeding convenient?
Despite the fact that it is definitely more expensive than breast milk, baby formula can be really easy to use. Of course, it has its pros and cons. So let’s look at them. One of the most common responses among mothers to the formula is that it allows the baby to be fed by any member of the family, which is actually convenient for a mother who may be away for a while and not worry about whether her baby is full or not.
This actually plays a big role. Mothers often fell stressed while breast feeding in public places, or simply do not leave home for long periods of time to avoid public feeding due to inconvenience. In this case, the baby formula also becomes a lifesaver, because you can feed the baby anywhere without any shameful feelings. Moreover, the formula is convenient for the mother, as she can not limit herself in anything in terms of nutrition, because the state of mother’s health in this case does not affect the child.
The only clear disadvantage of the baby formula in use is the need to have several bottles, nipples, sterilizers, a device for heating the mixture, which of course takes some time to prepare it. So no doubt it can also cause some inconvenience. Especially at night, when you need to prepare a formula for a child.
The diversity of baby formulas
One of the satisfying news about baby formulas is that there is a variety of them, which allows you to choose the one that suits your child’s characteristics perfectly. What are the options for baby formulas you can find on the market?
- Infant formulas that are suitable from birth become real saviors for mothers who are unable to breastfeed. By giving the first formula to your newborn, you can be sure that the baby will easily digest it, because it is specially designed for sensitive baby bellies.
- Goat’s milk formula is becoming a great alternative to the formula based on cow’s milk. Since goat’s milk is known for its delicacy, it is perfect for children who are allergic to cow’s milk. Moreover, goat’s milk is high in protein, higher than any other type of milk, including breast milk. Besides, it includes many minerals, which is undoubtedly for the benefit of children.
- Anti-reflux formula is one of the most popular formulas today, as it is designed for those babies who have any adverse reactions to breast or other types of milk. It is very delicate, and therefore affects the improvement of the stomach, which prevents spitting and reflux.
- Lactose-free formula is designed specifically for those who are lactose intolerant. This is not such a common problem, but it still happens and such a formula becomes a real lifesaver for parents. Before using it, of course, you should consult a doctor to determine whether your child has lactose intolerance.
- Hypoallergenic formula undoubtedly has a demand from young families. This baby formula is multifunctional and can deal with several problems at once. It is super easy and soft for a baby’s tummy, so it can be given to a child even after birth. It is recommended by doctors for children who are allergic to food or who have adverse reactions to other formulas such as vomiting, diarrhea, spitting or reflux. So this is also a great option to consider.
There are a variety of other formulas that can be viewed in detail on organicsbestshop.com as well as the reviews of real consumers that can be read. We have discussed the advantages and disadvantages of baby formulas and the decision is now up to you. Listen to your doctor’s advice in order to choose the formula that will be the best option for your baby. But the most important indicator is always the reaction and well-being of the child. So choose wisely and be healthy.